HAMDİ TİMUÇİN DEMİR
Expected to be admitted in Istanbul Bar Association in September 2015
Phone: +90 532 261 25 36
Sakmar Law Office 2014 – Present
My experiences in Sakmar Law Office are mainly related to international investment arbitration, non-profit organizations and contracts law.
International Investment Arbitration
- Representing Turkish investors against Turkmenistan in ICSID. Drafting Post-Hearing Memorial and Statement of Costs.
- Working in the arbitration team dealing with various cases that take place before ICSID and ICC tribunals.
- Attended the hearing of İçkale İnşaat Limited Şirketi v. Turkmenistan (ICSID Case ARB No.10/24) on Jurisdiction and the Merits. Submitted presentations and conducted cross-examination as Claimant’s Counsel.
- Revise and prepare numerous contracts relating with Construction Law and Concessionaire Agreement.
- Rendering legal advice to Turkish citizens with respect to European Court of Human Rights.
- Co-author of an essay named İlk Bakışta Yatırım Hukuku ve Yatırım Tahkimi.
- Participant at ICC Construction Arbitration Seminar İstanbul
2007 – 2014 Istanbul Yeditepe Üniversitesi Faculty of Law (JD)
2003 – 2007 Bilfen College
- Expected to be admitted in Istanbul Bar Association in September 2015,
- Member of London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) YIAG,
- Young ICSID Group,
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum,
- Young ICCA.
- Volunteer in LÖSEV (Foundation for Children with Leukemia)